View Single Post
Old 01-24-08, 09:05 PM
Philcycle

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
So I go to the back doctor...

And I'm alot worse off than I thought! I've had lower back pain most of my life, but lately a few hours in the saddle has really been painful. I've tried all the stretches, most all OTC pain pills, yada, yada. Plus, I'm an auto mechanic by trade, so that certainly doesn't help matters; leaning over the hood for long periods, bending, flexing, & being on my feet for 8 hours a day. I decided to call the ortho office that did my knee, & set up an appointment for this morning.

I get there, talk to the doc, & give her my run down. So, we do the xrays next. The last time I had an xray, they were printed on a film - pretty cool that now they're a jpeg!My spine looks like Hulk Hogan got ahold of me for a while. Geez. I definitely have Scoliosis; she pointed that out from the xray. But I also have an issue in the L3 area, where it's almost bone on bone. I have an MRI ordered for next week, & she'll give me another update when she gets the films.

She pointed out that I probably won't need surgery, but the MRI will be the judge of that. She did mention spinal decompression may help. My question is, has anyone else been thru this? Did it help? Hinder? Will I need a longer headtube from being stretched out? Thanks all!

Last edited by Philcycle; 01-24-08 at 09:13 PM.