C Law
Too Much Crazy

Bikes: Eriksen 29er, Gunnar Roadie, Niner RLT, Niner RIP 9

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by cyccommute
I think a better way to deal with people is to point out that they've made a mistake..which you pointed...and show them where they are wrong. You don't need to call them names. Civility goes a long way. Lack of civility just reflects poorly on you...not me.

If I make a mistake, I'll generally own up to it. I've done it several times, just as I did above. However, if it isn't a mistake and is an opinion, that's very different. I won't revisit disc brakes since that just opens a can of worms that doesn't need opening.

The 29er designation is an opinion. At what point do you call a bike something other than a 29er? If it has 55mm tires? What about 50mm tires? At that point it becomes a 28.5er...new name? Why not just call the bike a 700C mountain bike and be done with it? It would help alleviate confusion to just say what everyone should know in the first place...it's just a mountain bike with road bike wheels. But then I guess that the guys in marketing wouldn't have something new to sell
thanks for running to the mods, by the way..... boo hoo

29er is when the tire diameter is greater than 29''. pretty easy to figure out. when it is less, call it whatever you would like. You are good at making things up

you are in desperate need of a fagerlin beatdown.