View Single Post
Old 01-26-08, 12:56 AM
Trucker_JDub

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Clyde with a food question...

Some background first... Due to work I couldn't ride for about 4 1/2 years. Before that I just road for fun and cheap local transportation (5-15mi per day average). Now I am getting back into riding but this time to loose weight (and for fun). When I first made the decision (just after this last Christmas) I was 351lbs and could barely ride 30 minutes on flat ground at any pace, now I am 340lbs. and I see a ton of muscle definition coming back to my cafes and starting to see the muscles starting to show threw the fat on my thighs. I am riding 6 miles first thing every morning then as long as its not raining I do another 2-8 miles through out the day making my rounds to places I want to go. Sometimes I go for another evening ride if I feel up to it.

If you have stuck with this post this long I thank you; now my question...

My main goal is to loose weight. In the morning before I make my 5mi ride (I'm making this longer) I have a piece of fruit and a large glass of water, ride, then a small oatmeal (no salt, butter.. ..raisins for flavor) or 2 eggs and more fruit and if I ride at night I only allow 1 to 1 1/2 servings of fruit before I sleep (I have a heck of a hunger about 30min after a ride). Am I doing right? My main goal is fat loss, is there something I could change? Or better yet, something that would help promote better fat burning during exercise?

I am open to any suggestions.. ..thanks in advance