Old 01-26-08, 03:48 PM
merider1
no more nellie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Well, actually, I disagree and here is why. I am taking this adventure and I am happily going to share it with all of you. I will start a thread here, and everyone can read it. It's going to be fascinating to see who is truly all that interested. Also, East Hill put a link to her blog below...so you aren't being denied her adventure. Who's reading? Hmmmm?

And don't forget, this was created to encourage WOMEN to ride - women who do not necessarily like to mingle with men out of intimidation (sorry, guys, but there are some women who are put off by the male banter). Happytime and I are anomalies and not the norm when it comes to the types of gals out there who won't even post on here (I've met a couple, and they do not care for certain posts made by the men, by the way, and really only want to go on Team Estrogen, for example, as they hate the sexist comments and jokes).

As for getting my panties all twisted up in there over the fact that you men can't go on the women's forum, I'm just not going to do it. Big deal if some women want their own forum. If you guys really want yours, ask the forum owner. I'm sure you'll be granted one. And if you really want to hear all about our periods, special needs for bikes, experiences, etc. either create a new account and type in your new profile that you're a woman (thus, you'll have immediate access to the women's forum) or just PM me directly. I can give you all the insights you can stomach into the secret world of the vagina and you don't need a password to get in.

Now, I am taking this adventure, and am committed to it, because I want to encourage women of all types to come out and ride. Something as "lame" as the fact that it's on a women's only forum isn't going to dissuade me from using the bow as a symbol/metaphor, writing my experiences for a female audience (and all of you, aren't you excited?!) and feeling quite good about it. Who knows, maybe a couple of the women over there will come over here, and maybe a couple will even join on a ride or two.

Now, for those of you manly men who want to read all about what I'm doing, I'll have the thread up in this forum in two minutes. You can read my entry #1 while sipping your latte.