View Single Post
Old 09-03-04, 06:41 PM
cyclezealot

Bikes: Klein QP, Fuji touring, Surly Cross Check, BCH City bike

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1485 Post(s)
Liked 73 Times in 64 Posts
[QUOTE=lala]I wish I had useable bike trails for commuting in cleveland. I know that politically I should be pro roads, but at this point I feel like a martyr for the cause.
Lala..I have only skirted about Cleveland.. Knowing the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is there, having heard that you have cleaned up the Cuyoga River, and having met Dennis Kucinich, and heard of your ethnic diversity( eastern European food,culture) I would like to see your town..Downtown supposedly in undergoing some significant redevelopment?
I am elated when our best cities come back..Urban homesteading is supposedly big in places like Milwaukee, Pittsburg?
But the major point..Hope Cleveland gets its' bike trails.. You have some coastal areas, river trails that could really make cycling welcome to Cleveland. ... But, if your surface streets are like Detroit's ; I can't imagine an enjoyable ride. I could no more imagine riding down busy Michigan ave. than riding into hell.
Guess, I would have to give up cycling under those circumstances..
Does Cleveland not have some bike adovacy group attempting to make Cleveland more bike friendly.? Usually city transportation officials will talk to you.