View Single Post
Old 01-26-08, 11:04 PM
grretc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by becnal
It's 600 km, so for me, that would be six days. For you, maybe 10 days?
lets hope so, i really do wish i can make it there in 10 days. hahaha

Originally Posted by Little Darwin
The one question not asked (unless I missed it)...

What bikes will you be riding?
I don't know...what bikes can you recommend? O.o

Originally Posted by BigBlueToe
Stay safe.
Thank you. Thank you very much.

Originally Posted by staehpj1
$100 per day is a very generous allowance with three people sharing expenses. You could stay in a room and eat restaurant meals for that. It can be done on MUCH less especially if you will be sharing expenses.

I would think that $15-20/day would be very do-able if you stay in hiker biker sites, cook inexpensive meals, and don't go crazy on extras. You might be able to even do a bit better if you are willing to eat ramen noodles and instant oatmeal the whole way.

yeah..i thought 100 bucks a day is a lot too. We do plan to stay at hiker/biker sites now since a lot of you guys/girls have recommended it. At first we were planning on doing something that someone in the bay area has done before, which is post around and see if anyone living somewhere near by would give us a place to stay, but...it seemed kinda...yeah

Ramen noodles are defiantly OUT. those things have way too much sodium. itll have us kill our water supply. hahah Cooking is out too...if we cook, 1. we wont have much to eat by the time we're done cooking..2. we'll all end up having some sort of cancer after...

OH and brotherdan talks about stealth camping...which sounds fun...in a way

Originally Posted by Cave
Accommodation in LA - any relatives? Could be expensive. Safety could be an issue. Good to hear your parents are supportive (sort-of). Keep them informed. Don't be surprised if they get less supportive closer to the date when they realise you are actually going to do it! Are you friends' parents OK with the trip too?
This is crazy, get this. I'm Vietnamese. And i have NONE absolutely no, nada, zip, no relatives in LA. NONE! I was worried my safety would be an issue. HELL everyone coming with me is scared of safety being an issue.hahaha I'm starting to get scared my parents are getting less some what supportive. We'll probably have check points, where ill txt them once i get there or something.

I will wear a helmet. We will all wear a helmet. Thank you.

TZUOHANN when i first started reading your post, i was gonna reply with a shove it. but i got in more and more and it got funnier and funnier...thank you

MORE QUESTIONS yes i love this part, the thread has become "hot"

So bringing money seems to be the new issue. How am i gonna bring money? Like straight up cash? or an ATM card?

and...what bikes should we all get? specifically please