View Single Post
Old 01-27-08, 04:06 PM
Tom Stormcrowe
Out fishing with Annie on his lap, a cigar in one hand and a ginger ale in the other, watching the sunset.

Bikes: Techna Wheelchair and a Sun EZ 3 Recumbent Trike

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
At your weight, I don't see any issues as long as you stay on top of your spoke tension.

Originally Posted by bigsnake76
New to the Clyde forum, I am 6'0 about 205. Anyway, after reading on the Clyde forum about everyone having hand built wheels and destroying a Ksyrium Elite rear wheel, rebuilding it, destroying it again I am about to purchase some Hand Built's from Colorado Cyclist. I am going to do Mavic CXP33's with Ultegra, 36 hole in the rear 14/15 spokes, brass nipples and have this question.

Does anyone see a problem with 28 2 cross in the front? Would that be to weak. I am not trying to save on weight, I honestly think that 28 hole looks better in the front than 32 hole. Knock on wood, have never even had to get my front wheel trued Since I started riding 3,000 miles ago.

Just wanted opinions

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant