Old 09-04-04, 01:03 PM
Indolent58
Queen of France

Bikes: Look 565, Trek 2120

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Looks similar to mine except for the RX100 shifters so it is probably a 95-96. The RX100 stuff is roughly comparable to 105 and was probably used because 105 was not triple compatible at the time. The pictures could be better, but it looks like it has a mountain group rear derailleur (like Deore LX) which is fine - once again it simply dates the bike.

I assume the wheels are the stock Matrix ones Trek put on its mid-level bikes. They were good, but depending on how much the bike has been ridden they could begin to show their age. I recently replaced my set after the rear started to pop spokes right and left. I could have relaced them, but it was time for a change.

Since this is a 60cm bike, if you are both tall AND heavy you might find that the frames flexes too much for your tastes, as the flex is more pronounced in larger frame sizes. I have a 56cm and am perfectly happy but YMMV.

With all carbon bikes you would want to know if the "scratches" are superficial or deep. Deep scratches in the carbon main tubes can lead to eventual failure.