Old 01-29-08, 07:52 PM
jcwitte

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JUSTICEZERO
I don't understand the whole 'vegetarian' thing. It seems like Americans can only exist in extremes - isn't there anything between 'No protein shall ever pass between my lips again' and 'I eat three pounds of red bloody meat every day! I eat greens - a sprig of parsley every week! Haw haw!'?

I can't go vegetarian after spending time around a bunch of vegetarians and seeing how each and every single one was having health and energy problems not shared by the people who were at least eating a nibble of fish or meat now and then. A can of tuna every week or two seems to be more than enough. Sure, Americans eat way too much meat, but why people are unable to contemplate the idea of just CUTTING BACK on meat bothers me.
I think you have the wrong idea of what a vegetarian is. Some vegetarians do eat fish, dairy products, and eggs. You might be thinking of a vegan diet. I just recently switched to a vegetarian diet and this afternoon for lunch I had a baked tuna steak. I get more than enough protein in my diet.