Thread: UMCA Issues
View Single Post
Old 01-30-08, 04:36 AM
Rowan

Mentioned: 125 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1454 Post(s)
Liked 85 Times in 40 Posts
Hmmmm.... starting a thread like this is a complete waste of time and effort. Just in case you don't think I have an interest...

I have participated in two UMCA long-distance races, the Mid-West 24H events, and I have ridden the Last Chance 1200. I met Joe Jamison at the Mid-West 24H events and I consider him to be a thorough gentleman and a quite astute organiser. I have met John Lee Ellis and dealt with him via email in his role as organiser of the Last Chance. I have met Nancy and John Guth as participants in events (Nancy is a candidate for the board elections), and Tom Buckley as an assistant organiser (he a board member compulsorily retiring because of the rules), and John Hughes, the managing director. Oh, and I have been a short-term member of UMCA for those 24H events... and am considering becoming a full member.

If you are going to start a thread like this, at least provide some additional information that would be useful in having a discussion on what is happening. I don't like joining forums and discussions lists that I probably wouldn't participate in, so just saying it has been discussed on the UMCA list is useless to me, along with the "blog" -- who's blog?

C'mon JP, come clean. Otherwise... you just sound like a troublemaker.