Thread: sore mussles
View Single Post
Old 09-05-04, 11:43 AM

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Originally Posted by randya
You've got sore mussles? I've got sore clams!!!

God, that was funny!

Part of the problem may just be that you'll need to adjust to the longer rides. It'll take some time before you get used to riding. Just be sure to practice good forum- keeping relaxed upper body, shoulders away from the ears, open chest, slightly bent elbows, relaxed and extended neck, even breathing, and weight back over the pedals and off the handlebars. This kind of stuff takes time, and even the best of us can get fatigued from long rides. Dude, I went out yesterday and just as I was finishing my long ride, I was feeling some pain in the back. Solution? I needed to take a longer rest break at the halfway point and stretch my lower back and hamstrings. In general, I need to work on building a stronger core.

The other part of the problem may be the bike itself. I had a hybrid, and it just killed me to do long rides on that bike. I ended up having the seat so high and the handlebars so low that I was already in a road bike positioning. Unfortunately, I still had the straight handlebar, so it didn't solve my problem too much. But the adjustments did help me to feel more comfortable. But I definitely feel more comfortable on my road bike. Any way you can take that bike back and exchange it for a road bike of comparable price?

Koffee