Old 01-30-08, 02:05 PM
Roody
Sophomoric Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 711 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by vincentpaul
First, while they might not want me to sell custom furniture crafted from their boxes, (http://www.newstarget.com/011583.html) I really doubt that UPS, DHL or FedEx objects to my taking an object plastered with their corporate logo and dragging it all over town in plain view of everybody I pass. But, yes, if DHL/UPS/FedEx thinks the distribution to usage ratio is not to their advantage, despite the advertising value of the packages themselves, they'll tighten distribution of them. I doubt that that's going to happen. YMMV. Second, and more importantly, in our mail room we collect used bags for reuse because Tyvek, while made from a small amount of post-consumer content, is 100% non-recyclable in our local waste management stream. The only way to recycle it is to send it back to DuPont. Guess what? Few mailers or recipients bother to do this. Repurposing these waste products is about as positive a moral act as you can find, at least for those of us who believe in stewardship of the environment.
You must be either a lawyer or a tele-evangelist to think this way. If you're going to steal something, steal it and live with the guilt. That's between you and your conscience. But don't waste your time coming up with 5 or 6 reasons why it's OK to do something that you KNOW is really wrong. And don't think that anybody is going to buy that you--a thief--are practically a saint as well as a steward of the environment.

"Think Outside the Cage"