Old 01-31-08, 11:48 PM
Bullseye

Bikes: Cannondale systemsix, Raleigh Competition '05

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by patentcad
But I have re-thought the whole Lance story. I'm convinced that virtually all the cyclists of his era were doping. Which means it was a level playing field. And to me, that makes this whole 'debate' a major 'what's your point' topic. It only makes Lance look craftier than the cyclists who got nailed for doping (and most of those who doped in his era clearly never got snagged).

Regardless, there is nothing to be gained for anyone if Lance ever confessed. There would only be pain and loss, particularly in the cancer community. And for what? So DocRay can say 'I told you so' and all the idiots that confuse the pro cycling business with some Hallowed Ground of Sportsmanship? Direct your misdirected search for morality someplace more appropriate. Politics in Washington DC might be a good place to start.

Changes nothing for me. Essential truth: Lance gets very sick, somehow manages to survive (that alone was rather miraculous), then Lance inspires millions of cancer patients and their loved ones when he wins 7 Tours. That unprecedented feat remains utterly astonishing even if he was taking EPO, HGH, Steroids and Crank. Even if nobody else was doping. But they were. And you all know it. Lance's story is much bigger than cycling. Cycling is a friggin footnote in that Big Picture. And if you don't get that, you don't get anything.

Whatever. Go Giants. Thank God the NFL is clean, eh?
Wow. For once, I entirely agree with PCad, with no reservations!

-bullseye