outdoornut
Because I am !

Bikes: 05' Giant AC and Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My first IMBA Epic ride of 2008

If you live within a few hours of Cleveland Ohio, 3 1/2 for me, then don't miss the chance to ride at
Ray's Indoor Mountain Bike Park. Last Sunday 7 of us from the River Valley Mountain Bike Association
car pooled to Ray's, most of us for the first time, and enjoyed an entire day of riding.

I was a bit skeptical that any indoor riding could be fun or exciting. Dude! was I mistaken. This place
rocks and will wear you out. I heard about Ray's Indoor Mountain Bike Park last year but never really
looked into it until a few weeks ago. It was brought up at our last RVMBA meeting and mentioned that
a few were planning a trip there again. Shortly after that meeting I read about it as an IMBA Epic and
with the weather being like it was here in WV, my son and I decided to tag along. What the heck, it
would be worth the gas and the $20 fee to find out what all the hype was about. Those members who
had been there stated it was awesome and they couldn't wait to get back there.

This past Sunday our group outing was quite an adventure and what a great day it was. It was nothing
like I had imagined. We all had a great time, even with a few sore ribs I obtained crashing on the pump
track. Like the other members who had been there before, I can't wait to go back.

So if you don't mind a few hours drive for a days worth of riding and awesome place to hone those skills,
head to Ray's. We started with the XC Course that loops around and above all the other sections. Push
hard for a couple laps and you'll be gasping for air. So much fun I didn't want to stop for and pics on it.
Super fast in a couple spots but not really technical to most. Then we stopped at the beginners section.
Don't let the word beginners fool you. See the first couple pics of one spot in the beginners section.

After riding there for a while we headed over to the Sport Section and it was amazing. There are so
many options to ride and all unaffected by the weather. This place is not really heated however was
not "cold". I went prepared and had to strip a couple layers off. I believe there was some heat in the
beginners section but the entire place was comfortable, many wearing just shorts and "T's".

Check out there website for further details, directions, photo tours, release forms, etc.
Here are just a few shots of out group. Truely an Epic ride. http://www.raysmtb.com

ODN

Last edited by outdoornut; 02-02-08 at 10:26 PM.