Old 04-05-02, 04:48 PM
goose
Beyond caring. . .

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally posted by PapeteeBooh

What would be the moral argument for refusing to contribute to SS I wonder. Perhaps along the lines of

"Dear President,

However I dohave strong moral objections in helping the poor and the needy and with providing them with Social Security income. Like the economist Malthus, I find that the poors should be left to starve in which case they are found to be more easily amendable to work for meager wages without protest.

Isn't wrong to let a homeless man enjoy bread for no labour when he could be made to perform useful hazardous work for the chemical industry?

Should we feed his children when they could - like millions of children in Asia - be working for sweat chops with the pride of knowing that they are contributing to the American economy?

"
I wasn't looking for a fight, just offering some useless (and possibly incorrect for that matter) info. But...

Most people would rather sit on their hind-end and let the rest of us support them than to go get a job.

I do have a problem supporting someone who is too sorry to do anything for themselves. I know there are some who have fallen on hard times- fine. There are multitudes more looking for a free ride. To those I say, "GET A JOB!"