Old 09-07-04, 02:45 PM
philrush

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
1st ride in 41 YEARS

Yep, 41 YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!

Picked up a new Giant Cypress Monday, but the weather held me back. Tomorrow is calling for heavy rain all day, so I figured today was the day.

Nothing spectactular..... 2 1/2 miles out, and 2 1/2 miles back.
I feel like I could have doubled that with no problems, but wanted to take a baby step the 1st time out.

This forum has helped me tremendously in making a decision to buy a bike and ride. I desperately need to lose a BUNCH of wieght, and was looking for some basic transportation when camping. Im ectremely happy with my choices at the moment.

So, next time you guys need some thing to "toast" to, raise one for the FAT guy! (wont be fat for long though.

I have dicovered the W&OD trail, about a 30 minute drive from me.

It is an unusual Virginia state park (because of its size). It is 100 feet wide X 47 miles long! Very nice.

I plan to do aa lot of my riding there, as I definately need to work on my confidence level while riding.
I could hardly believe the difficulty I had in passing pedestrians coming in the opposite direction.

It seemed as tho, if I focused on THEM, I would drift TOWARD them...I was not comfortable around them at all, which leads be to believe I am NOT ready to handle traffic situations yet.

Anyway..thanks to ALL the posters on this forum...your information has been invaluable.

phil