View Single Post
Old 02-04-08, 03:46 AM
Trucker_JDub

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Wogsterca
......pump them up, and get on, if they flatten, then pump them up to 70PSI, and try again, repeat adding 5lbs until they either stay firm or you hit 90PSI........
I did what you said with just the front tire at first. I went to 70PSI to start. It was a little better, stepped it up to 75. It was a lot better, road it around the block but when I returned it looked bad again. PSI dropped to 72. As a last effort I went to 80 to see what would happen. Went around the block again everything looked good. Gently when off an easy curb (2mph) seemed good PSI had dropped to 78. Let it sit a couple hours and took it out again this time for a mile ride still holding 78PSI and riding great. I'm wondering if there is something in the tire that had to stretch out? Or maybe there was some kind of bind on my tube keeping it from fully inflating? I don't know but I now have them back on now. I just find it odd that I kept loosing air then all of a sudden it stopped. I even submerged the valve to see if that was it. Thanks for talking me in to trying it again.