Old 02-04-08, 11:20 AM
bmike
Bye Bye

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Six jours
Mike, I've got a set of MKS touring pedals with clips and straps ready to go, and haven't put them on yet because I can't find any suitable shoes. The Performance Kingston looked like it might do the trick, but they discontinued them moments before I decided to buy them. Carnac used to make a couple of really classy shoes -- I like the Carlit -- but they've been discontinued for years and Ebay hasn't come up with anything yet.

I think a comfortable, walkable shoe would be ideal for brevets, and don't think much performance would be lost. Let me know what you come up with.

Same pedals here - but I have them on the Bakfiets at the moment. I have to dig out my straps and clips though. Back in the day I rode wearing Adidas or Mitre indoor soccer shoes. Not super stiff, but comfy. Similar to some of the skate shoes I see the kids wearing. Wonder how comfy my Vans would be?

I tried powergrips on my distance bike, but didn't like the (perceived) torque on my knees, nor the way they would seemingly tighten off my circulation.

This is a bit hard for me to do - I have some SIDIs with custom orthotics that I had made for my feet... spent a small fortune on them and I certainly love them - comfy for the long haul - but lately I've been jealous of a friend who rides with cages and straps. He hops and and off, never click clacking through life.

I've a pair of Specialized MTB shoes with Time ATAC pedals on the FG... certainly like the walkability - but I don't really like the pedal to foot interface. I still get hotspots in those.