Old 02-06-08, 05:49 AM
staehpj1

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1251 Post(s)
Liked 754 Times in 560 Posts
I don't have any idea how you like your bike to fit, but...
I have observed that lots of folks like frames that are as much as three sizes larger than I would prefer if I were their size.

Strangely enough this seems to be most prevalent among taller riders. I had to chuckle when I was in the LBS the other day and listened to this guy *****ing how bike X was nice but they only made it for "little" guys. When he got on his bike to leave (between 1 and 2" of seat post showing), it occurred to me that the bike he thought was only for little guys would have still been at least one size to big for him in my estimation. He seemed to be normally proportioned or if anything a little long legged and only moderately tall.

It seemed comical that this guy was *****ing about how a bike that would have had maybe 3-4" of seat post showing was way too small for him. I guess that it was particularly funny to me because I know that the shop guy he was complaining to rode that model of bike with 6-8" of seat post showing.

Wouldn't it be nice if the short guys liked proportionally larger frames and the tall guys liked proportionally smaller ones