View Single Post
Old 02-06-08, 09:49 AM
evblazer
Thread Killer

Bikes: Fuji Touring Xtracycle, Merlin Road, Bacchetta Giro 26 (Sold), Challenge Hurricane, Cruzbike Sofrider

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
After gaining about 60 or perhaps 80lbs over 3 years when I moved to Texas from Connecticut and got back to driving. May 07' my wife got herself a bike so I got myself a steel fuju touring bike last may which was quickly upgrade to an xtracycle for shopping purposes. Used 700x32 Marathon Plus tires on hand built 36 spoke wheels with a touring rim. I've had the rear wheel trued about 3x in 4k miles but I beat the crap out of them weight and road wise.

Currently I'm still trying to get back under 260, I've been stuck at 26# for a couple months. Got an old ti merlin road bike in the last week of December 07' for my birthday. Came with a pair of old 32 spoke CPX30 wheels similar to deep V's which haven't wavered at all even after the front one got sucked into a expansion joint so no need to upgrade those.

Approaching 1k on it and the only problem I've had was with the bottom bracket. I think my LBS fixed it up right this time with a little superglue to stop the bearings from sliding loose.

I did change both saddles though. Terri Liberator on the Fuji and a Specialized Alias on the Merlin.

Last edited by evblazer; 02-06-08 at 10:39 AM.