Old 02-07-08, 09:12 AM
HC203

Bikes: Madone 08,Trek520,Bianchi Pista,Raleigh Tandem,Cdale SuperV

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Barry,
Great presentation at the symposium, pretty shocking numbers. I for one am in the process of lobbying for traffic calming measures on Pinehurst Rd. where I live-a speedway at times. I was encouraged by the work being done in Baltimore city, very energetic and charming young lady in charge.
I'm glad I chose to ride down from Baltimore, just a few drops on my return to Cromwell where I caught the snail rail to Falls Rd. Beautiful little ride up through Rob E Lee park to my home, except for the traffic of course. I was moving pretty good on the B&A, though carrying heavy pannier with my clothes, shoes etc. I find the Arkel panniers though so well built to be rather heavy even when empty.
Also, to give credit, there was another cyclist named Carl who I ran into at the northern terminus of the b&a. He cam all the way from Lutherville via lightrail and we rode to Annapolis together. On the way down in the morning I rode to Camden Yards and picked up the light rail to Cromwell, very convenient.
Thanks Again. I'll be at the Bike Summit in DC next month, hopefully cycling down or jumping on Amtrak with the bike- so if any of you guys have issues you want raised please let me know. There a whole day where we will be lobbying and then there is a congressional bike ride on the last day.
Harry