Old 09-08-04, 09:07 PM
DnvrFox
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by shokhead
Thats nice,thats you but most older people like the security of having the same thing,doing the same thing,going the same way,it makes them feel secure.
Now you have changed your premise from "Old people like ruts" to "most older people like the security of having the same thing,doing the same thing,going the same way,it makes them feel secure." What further changes in your premise can we expect as this discussion progresses? Please take a stand and support it, period.

Please be so kind as to cite your source for any of these conclusions. Unless you have some valid research or studies, they are simply uninformed opinions. It is not appropriate logic to make broad generalizations on opinions.

AS I think about the folks I know who are 50+, the following folks come to mind.

1. A couple in their late 70's or early 80's who just came back from Africa where they spent several weeks teaching English to African natives in a native village. He has organized a men's study group here in Parker, she is active in many organizations.

2. A whole bunch of folks 50's, 60's and 70's who spent several weeks this summer on the Indian reservations in South Dakota building and repairing houses.

3. Folks who travel, go on cruises, visit family all over the country.

4. A lady who is in charge of the local Food Bank, who just came back from a bicycling tour of Italy.

5. For a listing of some of the interesting and challenging activities for 50+'sers, please see:

http://www.elderhostel.org/welcome/home.asp

Etc, etc.

In fact, the ONLY 50+ person I know who is "in a rut" is Bob, and I only met him yesterday. And I have no clue as to whether or not he is in a rut in anything in his life except bicycling.

Oh, I do have a bowl of oatmeal almost every morning for breakfast, also. I guess I an "rutified."

Last edited by DnvrFox; 09-09-04 at 05:48 AM.