Old 02-08-08, 03:36 PM
beetee

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Create maps for your Garmin Edge/Forerunner 205/305

I love my own Garmin Edge 205, but it was lacking the ability to display maps of my surroundings while riding in the mountains around Mexico City. That's why i have created CourseMapper. I think you might find this webapplication very useful if you have a Garmin 205/305.

http://coursemapper.hostsnake.com

CourseMapper
Displays maps on your Garmin Forerunner 205/305 or Edge 205/305
If you are the owner of a Garmin Edge or Forerunner 205 / 305 you are going to love CourseMapper for Garmin, by BT Logics.

Your Garmin 205 / 305 is a wonderfull device, but unfortunately Garmin didn't implement the functionality to show maps. The availabiltiy of maps on your GPS enabled workout / activity registration device is a feature that will come handy if you wish to explore new routes or simply if you have to take a detour. Without maps of your surroudings you will easily get disoriented. Using the standard available "follow course" option you can follow a course generated from an activity in your device?s history or you could download a course from the internet (E.g.: Garmin?s www.motionbased.com) However, this will only show you a single line to follow on a other than that empty display.

CourseMapper for Garmin, by BT Logics, uses the "course" functionality that is standard available to allow you to display maps of your surroundings on your Garmin 205 / 305 device. Without the need of additional hardware or software upgrades for your device!

How does CourseMapper do this?
The CourseMapper website will allow you to draw your custom maps over a Google Maps "street", "satellite" or "hybrid" underground. You can include for instance main roads, rivers, railway tracks or other distinctive orientation items in your map so that you can explore away from the standard track you were allways following.
CourseMapper also allows you to load and create Waypoints and Courses with Coursepoints so that you can have all orientation aids together in one view. You can even follow a course or track as you were used to, but with the map displayed as well on your display at the same time. For this functionality CourseMapper lets you "join" the map with the course, and then export those to a single .crs format file that you can import into Garmin Training Center and from there you can download it to your device.

Start enjoying maps on your Garmin 205 or 305:
go to http://coursemapper.hostsnake.com and start drawing your own custom maps for your Garmin 205 / 305