Old 02-10-08, 10:06 PM
nekohime
I... Don't care.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by folder fanatic
A couple of nights ago, I was going home. As some of you are aware of, I live in a poor, high crime area. There was this beatiful almost new Montague Swiss folding bike leaning up against the wall of our local liquor store-Unlocked. . Here is the bike resembling the one spotted featured on this site for sale:http://www.electriccyclery.com/catalog/montague-swiss-bike-p-205.html The person who walked out of the store was someone who seemed not to care if the bike was taken or not. He was a typical man-middle age with graying hair, big butt-who lives in areas like this one. I was curious if this man was either a 1. cop planting temptation to steal or more likely 2. someone who bought a bike that is worth almost 2,000 dollors for real cheap (probably 50 dollars) and does not give a s--t about who sees the bike since stolen items have a low priority around here as far as the police are concerned. You see around here, if this man had 2000 dollars, he would have bought a car!

What do you think?
So true. But if I had $2000, I'd buy a brompton/curve SL to replace my crappy but trustworthy Kent and a good road bike so I can join UCLA's road racing team. I guess people like us two are in the minority here.

Dunno about the folder left unlocked...some other reasons could be 1) he wanted an excuse to buy a new and better bike with insurance money if it was stolen or 2) he was keeping an eye on it all the time while in the store. I'm inclined to think that he got it cheap from somewhere though.