Old 02-10-08, 10:10 PM
fthrud
spaghetti farmer

Bikes: Bacchetta Giro 20, Trek 7200

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My goal is to hum, sing to myself and smile a lot.

My everyday life is very full, very stressful and nonstop. I'm always thinking of the company, the project, the task and the people. When I get off work I'm thinking about my family, the house, the mortgage, the bills, the economy, the war, the environment, the....every damn thing. At times I'm not a pleasant person.

When I get on my bike my goal is to be a big goofy empty headed guy. I look at the birdies and talk to the cows. I talk to strangers. I stop at the top of bridges to gaze at the water and enjoy the breeze. The most complex issue I deal with is calculating the correct intervals for food and drink. If I see a nice shade tree, and want to lay down for a little while, I do. At the end of the day, my goal is to have clean sheets, hot water and a good meal with an adult beverage within walking distance. Cheap.

I do have set objectives, destinations and daily mileage targets. As I have palm trees and sand in my front yard, I seek out terrain and scenery that's diverse from home. But my main goal, and the point of the whole thing, is to be a big old goof with a smile on my face.