Old 02-11-08, 10:57 AM
fenixstore

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi Everyone,

My name is David. I'm the fenix-store guy

It looks like you solve the problem. Yes, alkalines are terrible for high current and cold conditions.
They are also notorious for leaking and ruining electronics.
Lithium AA's are the best for below freezing.
If you want a rechargable solution, I'd recommend enloops if you occasionally use them
and high capacity sanyos if you run one cycle per day.
The P3D is the only P series designed to work with rechargable lithium-ions - which also
work well under freezing conditions.

I have a quick story.... in 2001, a month after we were married, I took my wife hiking up Yosemite.
Equipped with a GPS, we did just fine all the way up half dome. We camped out at
little yosemite and overnight it snowed 3-4 inches, covering our trail back down.
No problem, I thought. I whipped out my GPS and we headed down following our tracks from
the day before. After 5 minutes the GPS would power down due to low battery. I broke open
a new pack of alkalines and put them in. The GPS shutdown after 5 minutes again. So I figured
it was a bad batch and opened another set of alkies. Again they failed. I ended us sticking the alkaines
in my armpit and swapping out cells every 5 minutes We were lost for hours before we found
the trail. I don't know if lithium AA's were available then, but now I pretty much use lithium AA's only.