View Single Post
Old 02-11-08, 12:13 PM
Tex_Arcana
Lone Star

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
When I was commuting up to 10 miles each way I was doing good. After changing residence (shorter commute) and then jobs (no commute at all) I started ballooning up. Now I'm commuting again (just a short one though) I've noticed not only the weight but the fact I've gotten weaker.

Time to do it. Time to commit to losing the weight and becoming stronger.
Starting weight: 230 + (don't have a scale I'll edit when I weigh in, I used to be 197 when doing longer commutes) 5' 10"
Starting bike: Iron Horse Urban (my wife bought it for me from Sports Authority after I broke the bb on my vintage Fuji Sagres).
Mods: Rear rack (keep losing the left side bolt), replaced rear wheel with one from Huffy mtb when half the spokes popped after mashing down on the pedals at a intersection with a slight incline two weeks after purchase and about 500 miles later (Sports Authority looked like they had a bike service dept. but didn't have any dedicated personel at the store she bought it from, the one that did have a service dept gave me a lot of hassle. Even with the receipt they didn't believe that someone would put that much wear and tear on one of their bikes in such a short time, I did the math for them, 20 miles a day commutes plus grocery and misc. runs, plus joy rides on days off along Buffalo Bayou).

I'm planning to use Uncle Suger's tax rebate check to get an entry level road bike