Old 02-12-08, 06:28 PM
LooseSpoke
Rusted Tin

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Wordbiker
I'm not sure of the year, but that's a Giant Warp...also nicknamed a "Warpendale" due to the fact that it's a near direct copy of an older Cannondale design.

The Warp is a low end rig, usually specced with the lowest quality parts possible to fit full suspension into a certain price point. The shocks are cheap knockoffs and have little to no damping ability other than friction. The end result is a heavy pig of a bike that rides like a bucking bronco and makes one wonder why they'd design a full suspension bike for flat ground.

If the Warp is lighter than you dinosaur, fix it up and ride it.
Hmmm, a heavy pig that bucks like a bronco, vs a heavy dinosaur that lumbers like a brick, I'd have to say is a push, but considering a resemblance to a Cannondale, even an older one, at least is a bump in aesthetics, therefore, "advantage Warpendale".

I appreciate all the helpful input! This appears to be an outstanding forum, that I'm certain will be a great help in my return to the sport. A special thanks to tellyho for the tip, as I ordered the derailer today, and hope to have this bike on a trail by next week.
Was considering a front derailer as well, wasn't sure which one best suited this setup.
I'll find out soon enough whether the current one will suffice.