View Single Post
Old 02-14-08, 06:45 PM
Donegal
Road Nazi Hunter

Bikes: Kuota Kredo, Litespeed Vortex, Aegis Victory, Burley Tandem, Cannondale Rush

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
TDF a Threat to Cycling's Future

Remember that the tour was created as a publicity stunt to sell papers, it hasn't changed since. All the concentration on doping B.S. Self created doping problems whether we can prove them or not. We own the lab, we create the tests, we won the paper, we leak stories to destroy careers, etc. I'm tired of the French Bull....
Chased lance for 7 years accusing doping. The Landis Bullcrap, Mayo, etc. After seeing what Landis was convicted with, I question if Hamilton, Heras or half the others ever doped.

After banning Astana from the tour, a team with 3 riders who have finished on the podium, 2 last year, I will not waste another minute on this politically generated show of crap. The ASO battle with UCI is based upon UCI's trying to expand cycling around the world. The tour is afraid of a little competition, and is in my opinion, killing cycling.We will invite instead a bunch of French continental teams. Real Classy, ban some of the pro contenders and fill in with cannon fodder.

90% of the doping allegations and B.S. come out of Le Equipe, still creating publicity stunts to sell papers. The oldest and grandest of the races, in my opinion has seen it's day. I side with the UCI, I want to see the Tour Down Under, Tour of Boston, Tour of China, etc. The UCI was created to expand the realm of professional cycling and that's what they are doing. If the ASO is unhappy wth the competition, make yours better. Work with, not against the teams, the riders, the public. No liepheimer, no contador, no Kloden. Makes a lot of sense. Using drugs and past teams as excuses, constant inuendo, attacks on past champions. All sell papers. None help cycling. I will go riding and on vacation in July. And if that bunch of monkeys buys the Vuelta, it can go too.