View Single Post
Old 02-17-08, 07:28 PM
sykerocker 

Bikes: The keepers: 1958 Raleigh Lenton Grand Prix, 1968 Ranger, 1969 Magneet Sprint, 1971 Gitane Tour de France, 1973 Raleigh Tourist, 3 - 1986 Rossins, and a '77 PX-10 frame in process.

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 221 Post(s)
Liked 237 Times in 129 Posts
Having finally finished the mechanical modifications on my '69 Magneet Sprint (set up for touring, mudguards, front bag, rear rack, near cyclocross tyres) I got it out this morning for the final test run. Did 30 miles in two hours (on my long haul bikes, that's moving for me) and was really in the mood to add another hour or hour and a half, but the predicted rainstorms moved in two hours early. A wet final five miles home, however it was a nice, warm 50 degree day. Spent a hour in the shop, grabbed lunch and settled in for the ToC.

Now that both touring bikes are ready for the season, it's time to get the play bikes out again.

“No one in this world, so far as I know — and I have searched the records for years, and employed agents to help me — has ever lost money by underestimating the intelligence of the great masses of the plain people. Nor has anyone ever lost public office thereby.”

H.L. Mencken, (1926)