n4zou
Scott

Bikes: Too Many

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by DuckFat
The 3 watt LED Maglite Mini is a much better value than the Fenix. Lowe's has them for $23. You can make a mount or buy one online for about $15.

I bought two of these and mounted one to my bike and one on my helmet (with super-strength Velcro). They work great especially with Lithium AA's.
Here is one modified for use with 2 externally mounted "D" batteries.

I cut a section of fiberglass tent pole so the length would be exactly the same as 2 "AA" batteries. I used some terminal connectors soldered to wire to replicate the ends of the batteries. I drilled a hole in the cap to pass the wire through. Note the extra washer made from a terminal connector, this prevents the spring in the cap from binding. The tent pole was smaller in diameter than "AA" batteries so I wrapped white medical tape around the tent pole to center it in the flashlight. 2 "D" batteries will power the flashlight for many more hours than internally mounted "AA" batteries. You may remove the adapter and return the flashlight to internal batteries with only the hole remaining. You can install a nice lanyard in the hole so no one will notice you drilled a hole in it!