Old 02-20-08, 11:23 PM
1150A

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Local Bike Shop in the Bay Area?

Hey,
I know there are a few threads about this.. but I'm all excited and can't go any bike shops until this weekend. And hopefully, pick up a new bike.. Just want to make sure I'm going to the good ones.

I'm located in Union City.. so I can either go towards San Jose, or up north to Oakland. I really don't want to drive to SF because it's so crowded and busy all the time and I don't want to pay toll and for parking.. but, I'll go if there's better shops there.

I'm a complete beginner so I'm hoping to find a place that's super friendly with no attitude.. cause I honestly have no idea what I'm looking for. Plus, my pants are tiny so that means I'm a hipster. So I need a hipster friendly bike shop. And to make it worse, I want a FG/SS.

If it helps at all, I'm short 5'5".. most bikes I see on ebay and what not are huge.

I'm planning on just going to Refried Cycles in SF since I've read that they're really nice and cheap.. But if there's some place down towards Oakland or even San Jose, I'd rather go there. I hate parking and driving in SF.