Tom (ex)Builder

Bikes: Specialized Allez

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by my58vw
Just a couple of questions.

What are you opinions on bike aperial? When are they acceptale to wear. Do you guys wear them commuting, long riding, mountian biking etc? What are peoples opinions when they see you in that attire? Thanks
I wear my shorts whenever I get on the bike, unless maybe it's a quick trip to the bank or something that's going to be less than a couple of miles round trip. More often than not, I'm in a T-shirt, but hey, on a comfort bike I'm not really gaining all that much from wearing a jersey. On a long ride I have the jersey for the wicking benefit. As far as acceptability...I've never paid any attention to how people look at me in biking attire or anything else. Nobody has ever said anything and I've never noticed any rude looks or people seeming to treat me rudely while wearing the proper clothing.

My comfort an health are what dictates that I wear at least the shorts, and since how people think of me while I wear them has no effect on my comfort or health, I've never really even considered it.