Old 02-21-08, 11:58 AM
curiousincident
end of biters

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Doc_Holiday
I actually work at a bike shop that carries Raleigh, along with FUJI and Speicalized, and have tested out the rush hour along with a lot of comparable bikes. I personally don't like the Rush Hour because it feels heavy in a very lethargic sense, it doesn't feel nearly as tank-ish as an old cro-mo bike. The Brooks saddle and leather grips do look really classy but I just don't think its worth the money. I would look at the new FUJI track bike and the Specialized Langster, I've ridden both of those and love them. And if you really want to get your heart rate up see if your LBS has any of the FUJI OBEY track bikes, they are gorgeous and feel amazing
looking at the website it doesn't seem like they ship with a brooks or leather tape... maybe something your shop added? anyways i don't really see how it could be more 'sluggish' than any other bike in that price range with a comparable component spec, unless you're maybe talking about geometry differences which are good or bad more as a function of the sort of riding you want to do (i don't know how they compare off the top of my head). i guess the langster is aluminum and comes with slightly better components (with a higher pricetag), but the fuji track looks to be about the same as its been in years past. except maybe a bit less ugly. i'm not even going to touch the part about the obey.