Old 02-23-08, 12:02 PM
w2brdbkr

Bikes: Raleigh SC30

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Yen
Congratulations!! Roubaix is very high on my list of bikes I'm planning to test ride today. Keep riding and you will begin to loosen up. We're moving from hybrids to road bikes and I know there will be a period of adjustment, not just for the bike but also for me.

I'm happy to read that hills are easier.... is your Roubaix a double or a triple? I'm planning to get a triple because this area has no shortage of hills.

I like bright colors too, but I happen to think the brushed aluminum color is sleek and beautiful.

Best wishes for many happy miles on your new bike! I'm looking forward to reading more reports and seeing some pics.

Yen
Mine is a triple & living in Colorado I have heard different opinions on triple & compact doubles. It didn't matter to me since it is my first road bike I figured I would get used to either one, but it was the price & ride that made me go with the Specialized. I like the more upright or comfort position specially coming from a hybrid.

My buddies bike is a double but he is shorter then I am so it won't be the same but we will get an idea of the difference once we start riding together.

I am planning on a century ride the first of June so I need to get as much seat time in as I can. I know what you mean by I need to get used to how it feels & hopefully with riding & doing the small tweaking it will just keep getting better & better.