Helmet Head
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by -=Łem in Pa=-
I guess you didnt see this part of that sentance :

"they give you defined territory that most motorists are quite good about not intruding on"
I saw it. That was my point. I guess I have to explain it in more detail.

Riding in the traffic lane also gives a "defined territory that most motorists are quite good about not intruding on". If you choose a sharing position in a wide lane, that defines a territory that "most motorists are quite good about not intruding on". If you choose a controlling position, that defines the entire traffic lane as a territory "most motorists are quite good about not intruding on".

I know that if you're curb hugging in narrow lanes the "defined territory" is so narrow that often motorists pass too closely, but that's a reason to not curb hug in narrow lanes which we should all know by now.

So, I ask again: How is the "defined territory that most motorists are quite good about not intruding on" "given by a bike lane" different from the "defined territory that most motorists are quite good about not intruding on" when riding in a sharing position in a wide lane, or in a controlling position in a normal traffic lane?