View Single Post
Old 02-24-08, 01:26 PM
Derailed

Bikes: Priority Continuum Onyx; Hunter CX

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
I agree with you for the most part (and laughed out loud from the Pop Tart comparison), yet as I said, it is a pet peeve.

For the record: it isn't the fear of wasting time or developing carpel tunnel disorder or of wearing out the switch that bothers me. I want a single switch that I can operate easily, even when wearing thick winter gloves. At the end of the day, I find it annoying to remove my gloves and cycle through unwanted modes (or press and hold two small button switches).

That said, I can see why you'd find something this nit picky tiresome

-H

Originally Posted by ccd rider
My goodness.....how much time do we need to save in this life??? Is it really that difficult to scroll through the different modes? Are you going to get carpel tunnel? Is there no time when you might possibly want to use one of the other modes? And, while I don't know this for certain.....my guess is that if it's a decent, name brand blinky (ie Planet Bike, Cateye, Dinotte, etc.) then the switch is going to be good for a lot more cycles (no pun intended) than most of us would ever push in a lifetime of commutes.

I always think of a comedic stand up routine by Brian Regan referring to microwave instructions for Pop Tarts. Paraphrasing.....if you have to microwave a pop tart then maybe you should think about loosening up your schedule.