Thread: Pannier & rack
View Single Post
Old 02-24-08, 11:50 PM
nashcommguy
nashcommguy

Bikes: Commuters: Fuji Delray road, Fuji Discovery mtb...Touring: Softride Traveler...Road: C-dale SR300

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by macteacher
I do shop at mec, but to be honest with you, I don't find all of their stuff to be that great. They have some racks and I will take a closer look tomorrow in the store, but as for bags, nothing that can fit my 17" MBP

I do like the look of that axiom rack and the price is right!!!
My rack of choice is the Delta Universal mega rack, Sunlite Trunk Bag(small), and an old pair of cannondale 'front' bags on the rear. On my #2 commuter I use the same rack w/Jandd Saddlebags which I don't recommend as they don't hold very much. On #3 commuter I've got the Delta w/Jandd Mountain Expedition Expandable...a little overkill for a commute but I NEVER seem to run out of room. I swap the bags from bike to bike according to mood, but the Universal Mega has a 6 bolt system to accomodate 26" and 700 wheels. They're about 35.00 from the delta website in black or silver. I always do blue 'Loctite' on the bolts, too. Don't do the red Loctite, you'll NEVER get them off.