Old 02-25-08, 11:37 AM
coldfeet

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Little Darwin
I guess there has to be a naysayer everywhere, but I found a couple of them slightly amusing at best. And those were the good ones.

I am guessing that a lot of them are probably connected to inside jokes from the various forums (I recognize some of the scenarios) but the only humor would be for those who can flash back to the threads that make the comment funny. In and of themselves, I think that few outside of the forum regulars would find many of them funny, or even understand the points.

Of course, I am tired, and I have a history of missing humor when I am tired. I also find that humor with an underlying agenda is rarely humorous to me, and it seems that some of your work falls in that category as well.

I do like the concept, I just think that other than forum regulars, you won't get much of an audience unless you generalize the humor... and I think this is hard to do in a 3 panel cartoon.

I would like to see where this evolves, so I will probably be checking in... I also know that your target isn't everyone, and since several others here like your work, there is something there worth pursuing.

Also, the art work is at least as good as what I see in the newspaper. And I will leave you on this positive note because I do think your work could become something I would enjoy.

Thanks for sharing, and Good luck!
I wouldn't say they are connected to the forums as such, more connected to the biking world in general.
The characters are the ones you come across in the bicycling world. Yes,they are "in jokes" but anyone whose has been living in the bicycling culture for a while will get most of it. Quite a few will probably recognize themselves at some point!