JamadianSparrow
CourierCombatVet,NYC'88

Bikes: Schwinn Fastback Pro, Raleigh MtnSport, assorted franken-hybrids

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Still looking for ride company!

Fast forward 5 mos and a several hundred miles of Okinawa under my wheels & behind me.

This place rocks! Have completed a great deal of touring on my micro-roadie mtb and have picked up a couple of touring buddies for the sites, sports, food & spirits here. I've got them outfitted on urban rocket mtb's too for cheap and weather and 'political circumstances' permitting, we will tackle Nago, White Beach & Ei Island soon. I've also got my Schwinn Fastback Roadie up & running; I slow down for my companions but it also frees up another bike(my slick-mtb) for another rider!

Anybody willing to join us to ride & explore? Usually we meet near Kadena or American Village and weave thru the city or countryside w/a historical site or tour-worthy venue as the ultimate goal, with lots of interesting food & photo stops along the way.
Weather permitting, we bring snorkeling gear, fishing poles or rent kayaks along the way.
Single day trips carrying about 10-15 lbs gear max.
Prefer that you are comfortable w/city riding and can comfortably negotiate traffic(Nihon & Okinawan
society is generally very bike/moped & pedestrian conscious--never had any fender benders or
altercations and I still ride w/my old, NYC messenger fervor!).

We hope to be able to ride again by the weekend of March 7-9th.

New companions are welcome, American or Nihon/Okinawa-jin--we are also eager to learn the language. Please e-mail me back at: anton.allen@med.navy.mil

We hope to be able to ride again by the weekend of March 7-9th.