Old 02-27-08, 08:58 AM
j0e_bik3
"this is not suck"

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Coyote2
Good customer service means, to me, that I make an order and a short time later my merchandise arrives on my doorstep without hassles and delays. You had to contact them and wait almost three weeks for a simple order to arrive.
I disagree,......

famous nordstroms customer service story:
an old man (over 80) walked into nordstroms and asked to speak to the returns department manager.
once the customer service manager met the old man, the old man told the manager that he had purchased 80,000 mile radial tires from nordstroms, and that he had only 40,000 miles on them, and the threads were showing,...without batting an eyelash, the returns manager, told the customer that the situation would be taken care of,
the customer was driven home, and the tires were replaced with new ones at no cost to the customer, and then the vehicle was delivered back to the customer with a sincere apology.

Nordstrom's does NOT sell tires.
but rather than upset a nice old (albeit confused) man, the "customer service manager" decided to do just that, give the customer some service.

nordstroms is so proud of this true story, they have it in the new employee handbook (wife used to work for them)

GOOD customer service is exactly what the OP described,...what you described is order and timely delivery, which takes ORGANIZATION, but it could be done with nearly NO human input,.......and thats not service. (imo)

Last edited by j0e_bik3; 02-27-08 at 09:07 AM.