View Single Post
Old 02-27-08, 04:20 PM
Sammyboy
The Legitimiser

Bikes: Gazelle Trim Trophy, EG Bates Track Bike, HR Bates Cantiflex bike, Nigel Dean fixed gear conversion, Raleigh Royal, Falcon Westminster.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Raleigh 20 with 24" wheels

I remember reading a post a while back about being able to fit 24" wheels on a 20 (at least at the back - front needs new forks of course), but I can't find it. Does anyone remember? I'm always several projects ahead of what I'm doing, in my mind, and right now I'm thinking about a super-fast non folding 20, with SRAM Dual Drive, 24" wheels, superskinny rims and high pressure tyres. No, I don't have a sensible answer as to why that's a good idea, it's just the perverse way my mind has always worked. I remember as a kid, reading about some fella putting a big block Chevy V8 in the back of a Mini van, and that's just the sort of perverse thing that appeals to me.

So, which flavour of 24" are we talking about, and does anyone know about where a fork could be found? Just in case anyone was considering trying it? Not that I would, for a single moment?.......