Old 02-29-08, 04:29 AM
wahoonc
Membership Not Required

Bikes: Giant Excursion, Raleigh Sports, Raleigh R.S.W. Compact, Motobecane? and about 20 more! OMG

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 14 Posts
Originally Posted by maddyfish
What do you ride, a Rhodes car? http://www.rhoadescar.com/lobby.htm
Split them! That is the beauty of a bike, it is not a car, those long lines of traffic are for car drivers, not for you. A bike is so much more than a car, split them!
Lane splitting is not considered legal in NC, also on that particular stretch of road the lanes are not wide enough for lane sharing, people are always weaving from one side to the other of the lane in an attempt to see ahead of them. If I had to ride that road regularly I would definitely consider being a side walk rider, what also bites is that there are no alternate routes, that I am aware of. When they widened that road they closed off and removed at least 2 of the parallel roads. The road comes from an area of "lollypop" subdivisions....glad I don't live in that area.

Aaron

ISO: A late 1980's Giant Iguana MTB frameset (or complete bike) 23" Red with yellow graphics.

"Cycling should be a way of life, not a hobby.
RIDE, YOU FOOL, RIDE!"
_Nicodemus

"Steel: nearly a thousand years of metallurgical development
Aluminum: barely a hundred
Which one would you rather have under your butt at 30mph?"
_krazygluon