View Single Post
Old 02-29-08, 12:38 PM
East Hill
Lanky Lass

Location: Take a deep breath, and ask--What would Sheldon do?

Bikes: Nishiki Nut! International, Pro, Olympic 12, Sport mixte, and others too numerous to mention.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by biochemkris
Bore the kids? Xander will have a field day with all the wheels and Elizabeth will have you chasing her around the store. We'll be lucky to get any shopping done at all!

I just checked out the Dolce online (thanks, East Hill) and I think I'd like to at least test out some women's bikes to see what the feel is like. While I haven't ridden for a while I do like to stretch out and aside from soft tissue and bum related saddle issues I've never felt uncomfortable on a men's bike since I'm tallish at 5'8" and I have a long torso (my husband and I actually have the same measurements except for hip and shoulder width with me being wider on the bottom and him wider on the top, unsurprisingly) but, I've been reading a bit about the geometry not being completely dependent on measurements but, also on muscle distribution.
The Dolce is a nice bike, but the saddle was perfect from the minute I started riding .

East Hill