View Single Post
Old 03-03-08, 05:35 PM
rousseau

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked 38 Times in 21 Posts
My diet: any advice?

I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice about weight loss?

I was 240 lbs at Christmas, but in the last two months I've lost 13 lbs (10 lbs the first month, 3 the second). I'm 6 feet tall, and ideally would like to get down to about 190 by the fall of this year.

I've been using FitDay for the past two months, and have been averaging a 375 caloric deficit each day. Here are my daily averages for the past two months:

Calories: 2,772
Fat: 85 g (27%)
Carbs: 375 g (52%)
Fiber: 22 g
Protein: 106 g (15%)
Alcohol: 12 g (3%)

Ideally I would like to increase my daily deficit to at least 500, but each week I have a day or two where I indulge too much. What happens is that the first three days of the week I'll be 900 calories in the hole each day, but then Thursday I'll go out and have three pints of beer, some wings, and maybe a slice of pizza afterwards...you get the picture.

In any case, would anyone have any suggestions? What about lowering the carb intake and increasing protein? And would greatly increasing fiber be a good idea, maybe by having an extra apple each day as a snack? What about having one "eat anything" day per week? (I kinda do that already). Isn't that supposed to "fool" your body into not going into survival/starvation mode?

I'd be grateful for any informed recommendations.