Old 03-03-08, 11:48 PM
RideMore
Yeah, it's a freewheel...

Bikes: '85 De Rosa:Super Record; '91 Trek 2100:600/Ultegra

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Congratulations on your weight loss to date!

This is of course the tough part: when you have a goal, and the plan doesn't fit what you 'like'.

When you say 2700 calories/day average, how far does that caloric intake swing each day? Do not take exercise into account when you answer; this is not a deficit question. Does it swing more than, say 500 calories?

Think like this: Slow and steady wins the race. The more even keeled you can be the more you can tic off those goals. Since you are presumably not on a strict diet the concept of an 'eat anything day' is, frankly right out. (this next bit is not your mother) When you can look in the mirror and say 'What I eat fuels my body and moves me to my goal' you are on track.

Losing the silly snacks: great start!

The plain truth:
*Are you eating quality foods?
*Are you avoiding foods that your body has to work to remove?
*Are you drinking enough water?
*Are you getting enough sleep?
*Are you exercising regularly and effectively?

These are the questions I have people answer to themselves when they come to me in the gym and ask questions like 'What supplements should I be taking?' if the answer to any of the above questions is no, then just hand me that supplement money you are going to spend 'cause that's how much good it's going to do you.

If you want to change what your diet does to you then put every item you eat on the table and look real hard at it. Which of those first two questions does that food fall under?

"Yeah, the binging isn't good." You're right. If you're serious, stop it. It's hard, period. Don't fool yourself.
"I won't give up beer entirely--that's out of the question." The day you can have A beer and no crap food at a meal; that's a day you can congratulate yourself. If you're serious. It's hard, period. Don't fool yourself.

Like it or not, pizza and beer is everything your body wants to avoid eating it's own fat. Which is your goal. So you are at odds with your goal if you don't face facts. You are at that diet place where you've dropped the excess stuff in your colon, and the excess water your body was using as a cushion against that excess, and now you want it to actually work and use its precious stores. The exact opposite of millions (sic.) of years of genetic programming. This isn't magic, it's Biology. Make your body change programs and it will, for exactly as long as you make it. Then it will stop and go back to it's original program.

Who do you want to win?

I can go on a ride and stop for coffee and a muffin, (just one!) and lie to myself that I'm burning at least that many calories.
Or, I can look in the mirror and make the decision. Cut out the flour and sugar, every day. Drink more water; it's virtually never enough. Exercise every day. I will see my body change.

Nike is right. Just. Do. It.