Gee3
Senior Moment Member

Bikes: Specialized Allez Elite Double & 2008 Look 555

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The "other" Sunday ride...

Well, since I hadn't ridden in about 2.5 mos I decided to take the easier ride and reintroduce my body to the road bike. So I joined the <cough, cough> other forum ride and did what was supposed to be an easy 35 miler at a nice and easy pace. That soon went out the window when the testosterone of the faster riders began to flow and the ride turned out to be about 48 miles for us. Some turned it into a 50-52+ miler when they got, uumm, a wee bit lost. It also didn't help that we started at Chain Reaction in Los Altos first instead of at the primary meeting spot at the VA Hospital. Oh well... lesson learned.

But although I was bringing up the rear most of the way and cramping on top of it in the last half of the ride I still had a great time finally getting my butt on the new bike. I'm sure the lack of sleep the night before from the new baby didn't help much either...

A few BF'ers were out there as well: Thien(azuredrptp), Andy(NeCro), Gary1(steelblue), Jack(superunleaded) Glad to hear you are okay since that kid decided to turn in front of you on Canada! And some others I may not have had the pleasure of meeting.

We also got some free socks, stickers and girl scout cookies for showing up. And according to Andy the cookies were made from real girl scouts!

There is another group ride planned for next month some time as well. They are trying to make it monthly thing. So hopefully you guys can come out as well. Link: April 6th group ride thread

Between 50-60 people showed and rode:

Here is the link to more of the ride pics/thread:
RBR Group ride

Gary

PS - I hope it's okay to talk about other rides not started on BF... I know I see a lot of the same folks on RBR as well so I'm guessing it's okay.