Old 09-19-04, 08:03 PM
Hitchy

Bikes: how long have you got?

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Davet
The Bontrager Select Road Flat-Top bars are precisely that, tops horizontal with the drops horizontal.

Hitchy: The correct thing to say would be: 'While your choice to rotate the bars upwards doesn't agree with what I think a race bike should look like, it's your bike and should should do what suits you."

His choice is not ..."wrong,wrong,wrong..." just because you don't like it.

g'day,

if you bothered to read my previous posts, you would see that my reasoning goes beyond the asthetics of what the bike looks like. It is 'wrong, wrong, wrong!.....but he can do whatever he wants, it's his bike, i couldn't care less quite frankly, but the guy posted a thread called 'optimum handle bar angle?'....that's not what he's got!......that's all my $0.02...if you don't agree don't do it!...pretty simple really....& as far as ......
it's your bike and should should do what suits you."
......that set up will cause more problems than it's worth...it doesn't suit anyone.....i assume the guy is asking for advice because he doesn't know any better....he's getting some very ordinary advice from other people who don't know any better....... but me , every bike set up 'guru' & 4 billion other cyclists are probably wrong.......

cheers,

Hitchy
cheers,