Old 09-19-04, 10:07 PM
cst

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Raiyn
Dirt King ALL THE WAY!!! I only wish they had something that cool when I was a kid!

I mean LOOK at the thing! Next thing you know he'll be haulin down the bunny trails right behind you!
This is a great tricycle. My son (now 4 1/2) regularly rides 2 miles (or more) on this thing, up and down hills, and faster than I can run. (He waits for me at the corners.) I heartily reccomend this.

Last winter, when all the other neighborhood bikes and trikes were stowed away, we were out on the snow and ice with it - though the snowsuit and heavy snowboots slowed him down a little.

My niece and nephew liked theirs because they were the only thing with enough traction for a gravel driveway.

That being said, there are a few cons:

1) The thing is *HEAVY*. (Not that it bothers my son.)
2) It has no brakes. Now my son can slow himself down by keeping his feet on the pedals, but it
took a month or so for him to learn how.
3) At 3 1/2 his legs were too short, even with the seat positioned closest to the pedals - so we added blocks to the pedals. Having the seat closest to the pedals, means having it close to the handlebars. When he was first starting he would try to steer by jerking the handbars abruptly - and a couple of times he tipped forward over the handlebars. So I ran right alongside at first, until he got the hang of it.
We no longer have this problem - the seat is farther back and he knows how to ride.