View Single Post
Old 09-20-04, 11:41 AM
Raiyn
I drink your MILKSHAKE

Bikes: 2003 Specialized Rockhopper FSR Comp, 1999 Specialized Hardrock Comp FS, 1971 Schwinn Varsity

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
I've just spent the most frustrating hour of my LIFE speaking to the customer service department of Master Lock. (800) 308-9244 I was calling to find out what action they were taking in regards to replacing their BiC-able locks. I started out very friendly and understanding with the first representative as she was having difficulty locating my street cuffs Street Cuffs (this link worked at the time) She said that I could call back when I had the information, which I did.

The second representative seemed uninterested in following up with me on a solution to the issue at hand, she placed me on hold after informing me that she would need to speak to a supervisor. She came back on the line to tell me that she could not find a supervisor and that she would need to place me on hold again in order to get a supervisor. No problem I waited for a couple of minutes then I heard a click as if she were coming back on the line only to be met by silence, no hold music, nothing a minute or so later I get the "If you'd like to make a call please hang up and try your call again message".

I call back and demand to speak to a supervisor I get placed on hold a minute or two later I get the "I can't find my supervisor can I place you on hold again" speil. I get placed on hold AGAIN and again the person disconnects me after a minute or so.

I call back yet AGAIN. This time I ACTUALLY get to speak with a supervisor. I explain the situation to her that I have their products which have been shown to be easily compromised with a BiC pen. I explain what locks I ask what actions are being taken to solve this problem. She informs me that if I'd like to send the locks back (at MY expense) they'll replace them for me. Great wonderful, I think I ask her what they intend to replace them with she tells me they'll be replaced by new items of the same model numbers as my products. "The problem is with the style of keyway used in those products" to which she replies "we have several different levels of locks not all of which are affected by your situation" I reply "I understand that. My locks ARE affected. I want to know what steps your company is taking." She again asks me what locks I own, I repeat the information back to her and she again replies with the "several different levels speech" This goes back and forth ad nauseum until I ask to speak to someone in the product development department.

CSSupervisor: "They're not availiable"
ME: "Why not" I ask "Why can't I speak to someone who knows what your company is doing about this situation? I have $X,XXX worth of bikes locked up with your products and I want to know what you're doing to fix this issue."
CSS: "You said you have bicycles sir?"
ME:"Yes I do and I don't want them stolen my some schmuck with a Bic pen"
CSS: "Master Lock has a theft guarantee"
ME: "Yeah what's your point? Your locks can't protect my bike."
CSS: "That's not my problem sir, we have a guarantee on our bicycle products."
ME: "Look I UNDERSTAND that. You also have a LIFETIME warranty on your products should they be shown to be defective do you not?"
CSS: "Yes"
ME: "Then I would like to know what steps your company is taking in order to rectify this issue"
CSS: "We'll send you new locks"
ME: "I don't want locks with the barrel style key way because people have proven to me that they can be opened with a PEN"
CSS: "Is there anything else I can help you with?"
ME: "You can answer my question - What is MASTER LOCK going to do about this situation?"
CSS: "I don't have that information"
ME: "Then I want to speak to someone that does"
CSS: "They're in the building but they're unavailable."
ME: "Why can't I speak to someone who knows what's gong on?"
CSS: "They aren't available"
ME: "Then I want to speak to YOUR supervisor"
CSS: "That person is unavailable, can I have your information please?"
ME: "Mr. _________ (###)###-####"
CSS: "I'll forward your information I'm terminating this call"
ME: "Hold on, why can't I speak to someone else?"
CSS: ______dialtone_____

I called back and demanded to speak to someone from "Product Development". I was placed on hold.
CS Representative: "I see someone let me see if they are available. Can I put you on hold?"
ME: "Sure"
CSR: "Is this Mr___________"
ME: "Yes"
CSR; "Someone will contact you" __disconnect___

I called back a couple more times and got the same basic response.

EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING.

Last edited by Raiyn; 05-23-07 at 05:42 PM.